Beautiful noses are essential for a beautiful good looking face. Sometimes unfortunately some diseases may alter your nose or some may may hidden inside your nose without any external features. Here is a list of the diseases of the Nose and Paranasal Sinuses.
Structure of Nose:
The Nose has 3 parts as follows
- The External Nose: Again classified into 2 parts: 1) Bony parts and 2) Cartilagenous part
- The Nasal Vestibule
- The Nasal Cavity
They are air filled cavities, arranged in pairs communicate with the nasal cavities and divided into
- Anterior Groups: a) Maxillary sinus b) Anterior ethmoid air cells c) Frontal sinus
- Posterior Groups: a) Posterior group of ethmoid air cells b) Sphenoid sinus
Diseases Of The Nose & Paranasal Air Sinuses:
a) Cleft lip:- Results from failure of fusion of the maxillary process on one side with the median nasal process.
b) Cleft palate:-Due to failure of the palatine process to fuse with each other and with the nasal septum.
c)Atresia and stenosis of anterior nares.
d)Atresai of post. nares(congenital choanal atresai)
Benign Tumors of Nose & Paranasal Air Sinuses
Malignant Tumors of Nose & Paranasal Air Sinuses
1) Epithelial:- (carcinoma)
a)Sq. cell carcinoma.
e)Adenoid cystic carcinoma.
2) Connective tissue tumours:
3) Metastases from other primary sites:
Very rares but may be from breast, prostate and thyroid
People Get Here By Searching
- ,disease in paranasal sinuses,,parts of the nose,,parts of nose,,diseases of the nose,,dogs nose parts,,nose diseases,,nose parts,,diseases of nose,,part of the nose,,part of nose