Definition of Bite Plane:
A removable dental appliance used to cover the occlusal surface of the teeth, so that they cannot be brought in to contact.
Bite planes are nothing but extension of base plate.
Classification of Bite Plane:
Bite planes are classified according to their position as
- Upper anterior
- Lower anterior
- Upper posterior
- Lower posterior
According to the angulation as
Thus in upper arch we may have
a) Anterior flat bite plane
b) Anterior inclined bite plane
c) SVCD Bite plane
d) Sidlow’s hollow bite plane
e) Posterior bite plane
In lower arch we can have
a) Anterior inclined plane or Catalans appliance
b) Posterior bite plane
Use of Anterior bite plane
- Anterior bite plane are used to reduce deep bite by selective eruption of the posterior teeth relative to anterior.
- They are also used for relieving occlusal interferences
- In cases with anterior bite plane. Labial bow should not be activated.
- With the opening of bite, bite planes are trimmed and then labial bow is activated for lingual movement of teeth.
People Get Here By Searching
- ,bite plane,,bite planes,,anterior bite plate,,oral screen orthodontics,,anterior bite plane orthodontics,,anterior bite plate appliance,,anterior bite plane appliance,,sidlow hollow bite plane,,flat posterior bite plane,,upper anterior bite plane