Losartan treats hypertension. high blood pressure levels, either alone or in conjunction with other drugs. Prolonged periods of high blood pressure can put an undue burden on the heart and arteries, potentially impairing functionality. As a result, it may harm the vasculature of essential organs including the brain, heart, and kidneys, leading to dangerous medical problems like stroke, heart failure, or renal failure. Lowering blood pressure effectively through proper treatment regimens can considerably reduce the risk of strokes and heart attacks.
Losartan, an angiotensin II receptor blocker (ARB), works by suppressing a specific molecule within the body that causes vasoconstriction, or the tightening of blood vessels. As a result, losartan has the effect of relaxing blood vessels. As a result of the reduced resistance within the vascular system, blood pressure falls, allowing for increased blood flow and oxygen supply to the heart.
Losartan is used to reduce the risk of stroke in people who have high blood pressure and heart hypertrophy. It treats renal disease also. problems in people with type 2 diabetes and a history of hypertension.
Notably, this medication may only be obtained with the help a doctor’s prescription.
This drug is only available with a prescription from a trained medical expert.
Before employing (Using)
When considering the use of a pharmaceutical agent, a thorough evaluation of the potential risks and benefits is required. This essential decision-making process requires you, the patient, and your attending physician to work together. Regarding the specific drug in question, the following factors should be carefully considered:
While many medications are strictly incompatible and should not be provided together, there are other circumstances in which it may be appropriate to utilize two separate medications despite the possibility of an interaction. In such circumstances, your doctor may advise you to alter your dosage or take further measures. It is vital that your doctor knows of any concurrent usage of the medications listed below when using this medication. The interactions listed below have been selected based on their possible clinical relevance and are not exhaustive.
Regrettably, there is a scarcity of data on the relationship between age and the therapeutic effects of losartan for treating a variety of medical disorders in the juvenile population. As a result, both safety and efficacy remain unknown in this situation.
It is not recommended to take this drug with any of the following medications. Your doctor may decide not to start therapy with this medicine or to change your present medication regimen.
Sparsentan and Aliskiren
Concurrent use of this drug with Aliskiren and Sparsentan is generally not suggested; but, in some situations, it may be necessary. If both prescriptions are provided at the same time, your doctor may decide to change the dosage or frequency of administration for one or both of the medications.
Benazepril, captopril, capcitabine, ceritinib, cilazapril, clarithromycin, enalapril, enalaprilat, entacapone, fosinopril, furosemide, lisinopril, lisinopril, lisinopril, lisinopril, lisinopril, lisinopri
Coadministration of this medication with any of the listed medications is typically not recommended, however it may be necessary in some cases. If both medications are provided at the same time, your doctor may change the dosage or frequency of administration of one or both medications.
This medication’s dosage varies per patient. Following your doctor’s advice is crucial. the directions on the label. This information only applies to the average doses of this medication. Do not change your dosage unless your doctor specifically instructs you to.
The amount of medication to be administered is determined by the medication’s potency. Furthermore, the frequency of dosing, the intervals between doses, and Medication duration depends on medical condition.
- For the tablet form’s oral administration:
- Treatment for high blood pressure:
- Adults: Take 50 milligrams (mg) once daily at first. Adjustments to the dosage may be made by your doctor as needed.
- Children between the ages of 6 and 16: Dosage is dependent on body weight and should be set by your doctor. 0.7 milligrams (mg) per kilogram (kg) of body weight per day is a normal starting dose. Your doctor may adjust the amount as needed, but it should not exceed 50 mg per day.
- Children under the age of six: Use and dosage must be determined by your doctor.
- To reduce the risk of stroke in those with high blood pressure and heart hypertrophy:
- Adults: A daily dose of 50 milligrams (mg) is initially prescribed. In response to your blood pressure values, your doctor may adjust the dose or prescribe extra medicine.
- Children: A medical expert should be consulted to determine the best method of administration and dose.
- To treat diabetic nephropathy, use the following medications:
- Adults should begin with a daily dose of 50 milligrams (mg). Based on your blood pressure response, your doctor may alter the dose.
- A medical specialist should determine the proper usage and dose for children.
Medication may have undesirable side effects beside its intended effects. If any of these negative effects occur, get medical treatment.
Inform your doctor immediately if any of these negative effects occur:
Less frequently used:
A fast or erratic heartbeat
Hand, foot, or lip numbness or tingling
Pain in the abdomen
Brand name & price in pakistan
Cozaar 50mg –
Price: PKR: 678/-
Tablet: Dosage Forms & Strengths:
A dose of
25 milligrams (mg)
50 milligrams (mg)
100 milligrams (mg)